R is one of the leading statistical programming languages used by statisticians and data scientists.
Getting data into R:
- readxl: from Excel
- foreign: from other statistical software (SAS, Minitab, SPSS,…)
- stringr: for strings
- lubridate: for dates and times
- tidyr: to change the structure of data sets to make them tidy.
- sqldf: to manipulate data frames using SQL statements.
- dplyr: to make all kind of selections and transformations in data frames. This package will save you hours of coding.
- Check these videos from the author of dplyr (Hadley Wickham) so you can see the power of this package:dplyr tutorial (Part 1): dplyr tutorial (Part 2):
- ggplot2: the most popular data visualization package.
- Check these videos from Roger Peng to see an introduction to ggplot2:ggplot2 tutorial (Part 1) ggplot2 tutorial (Part 2)
Code snippets and cheatsheetsThe following resources contain code snippets ranging from basic R to statistical analysis and data visualization:
- RStudio ggplot2 cheatsheet: English Version – Spanish Version
- RStudio dplyr & tidyr cheatsheet: English Version – Spanish Version